Java for Android draft
This is a multi-threaded implementation useful for Android apps. Data accesses are handled synchronously on the main thread, while store access operations are handled by a threadpool.
Not published yet – stay tuned. If you'd like get an early version, drop us an e-mail.
- Folder object store with in-memory account store
- A caching store is available, which stores all data locally into a folder store, and automatically synchronizes this data with a remote HTTP store if this store is reachable. This allows to seamlessly work in "offline" mode.
- The maximum object size is approximately 2 GiB, since the implementation uses regular Java byte arrays to handle them internally.
- As a consequence, the maximum size of a record node byte sequence is approximately 2 GiB as well.
- The default signed integer serialization functions (ByteSegment.integerFromBytes and ByteSegment.integerFromBytes) use Java's signed long type, and therefore work up to 63 significant bits.
- The default unsigned integer serialization functions (ByteSegment.bytesFromUnsigned and ByteSegment.unsignedFromBytes) use Java's signed long type, but interpret it as unsigned value. Hence, the value is negative if the 64th bit is set.